Problems with your teeth can be an issue no matter how carefully you brush and floss. Whether you have a cavity, a missing tooth or a crack, here at Arbor Hills Dental in Newberg, OR, your family dentist, Dr. Angela Toy, offers treatments and restorations that will help you maintain your smile.
What types of problems can affect my teeth?
These five common oral health problems are among the issues that your family dentist treats:
- Cavities: Tooth decay can destroy your tooth if you don't receive prompt treatment for your cavity. Since small cavities aren't usually painful, regular checkups are the key to diagnosing decay and preventing widespread tooth damage. Your Newberg dentist treats cavities by removing the decayed part of your tooth and replacing it with a durable filling.
- Gum Disease: Gum disease affects more than 47 percent of adults 30 and over, yet many people are unaware that they even have the condition. The disease can cause bleeding and receding gums, bad breath, pain and sensitivity, deep spaces around teeth and tooth loss. Dental cleanings remove plaque and tartar and help reduce your risk of gum disease.
- Missing Teeth: Missing teeth completely alter your smile, but the changes don't have to be permanent. Depending on the number of teeth you've lost, your dentist may recommend bridges, full/partial dentures, dental implants, or implant-supported bridges. Replacing lost teeth improves your appearance, prevents your other teeth from shifting, and makes biting and chewing easier.
- Cracked or Fragile Teeth: Weak or cracked teeth are at increased risk of breaking if they aren't protected. If you have a crack, your teeth are brittle, or a tooth has been weakened due to a root canal or other dental treatment, your dentist may recommend a crown. These restorations fit over teeth to protect them against fractures and breaks.
- Sensitivity: Sensitivity can cause your teeth to ache after you consume foods/beverages that are hot, cold, or sugary. The problem can be caused by cracks in teeth, cavities, gum disease, worn-out fillings/enamel, or receding gums. An appointment with your dentist can uncover the cause, and subsequently, produce the proper treatment.
Need dental care? Give us a call
Call Arbor Hills Dental in Newberg, OR, today to schedule an appointment with your family dentist, Dr. Angela Toy: (503) 538-2143